Sunday, April 17, 2011

The chase for a show so far in 2011.

Having recently bought Handcrafted Card Magic Volume 2 and worked up a couple tricks from it. Denis Behr's exhaustive references made me bust out a bunch of other magic books.

The research that crazy man goes through is awesome. I got to re-read Card Fictions by Pit Hartling.

All in all it's been a good magic year so far, for me. I've polished up the Sam the Bellhop story trick I do. I still don't have a name for it. I got to do it at all the local magic clubs. It actually gets a better reaction for lay-people. I've done it half a dozen times at work so far. (Real job) It is the longest magic trick I've ever done. It runs over five minutes. Without the core of that story I tend to ramble on. The structure is helping.

Having five full minutes of card trick the show sequence looks like this now:

Opener - Sam the Bellhop style trick

Triumph

Pawnbroker's Syndrome

The Cups and Balls

A pal is coming up from San Diego to shoot some video for me. I'll get a good idea how close to 17 minutes I am, at this point. I suspect I'm one trick short.

KG

No comments:

Post a Comment